Pages

Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Shock horror

Yes you are seeing things right, it is wednesday and I've done a post. In fact this weeks meeting has only recently finished, and Ive already done the post. This is due to a timetable change and me now having a "free" in which I can do the post.

So firstly last week...
Well from what I've heard the main bit that got done was the door on the front of the robot, and it's motor and string mechanism thing. Other than that I believe programming continued and I'm not sure but I'd imagine sometime was spent driving the robot around.
Also as I'm sure most of you are aware there was a tech day on Saturday, again I wasn't able to attend due to illness. What I've heard about it was that only our time leader managed to go and spent most of the day driving the robot around trying to scare everyone. I do believe he did work on something but I don't quite know what.

Now onto this week...
So as I said this weeks meeting has only recently finished, at 1:50 to be exact.
Our time leader wasn't in today, and he left me incharge. Yesterday I was given a piece of paper outlining the jobs he wanted doing. Which he had signed and I had to, to say that he was giving me temporary leadership of the team. This amused everyone greatly, including the teachers.
Anyway, so what actually got done... Well we followed the list, to a degree, but mainly we did what we as a TEAM thought was important. So we first of all cut off some of the metal by the casters, to stop it hitting the ground.







the cut off bit is the bit resting on the top









Then we decided to work on the door mechanism and the curve behind the flail. First I'll talk about the changes to the door mechanism, after discussion it was decided to get rid of the motor mechanism and switch it for a much simpler servo mechanism, also we removed the heavy wooden door and replaced it with a lighter plastic one.






the old door, and mechanism












the new door, and mechanism










The work on the flail curve consisted mostly of curving a larger piece of plastic around the back of the robot and fixing it to frame work, we've managed to get it so that the cubes are flicked up by the flail and now we just need to curve the top slightly to direct them onto the ledge, which should be a fairly simple task.







Possibly just a temporary thing for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment